Monday, October 27, 2008

A Funny Email with a Powerful Point.

I was at work today when I received the following email. I wanted to share it with you my friends. It is a good lesson for us to learn since Obama continues to speak about the redistribution of wealth.

"Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign the read 'Vote Obama, I need the money.' I laughed.

Once in the restaurant my server had on a 'Obama 08' tie, again I laughed--just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need--the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient deserved money more.

I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.

OR IS IT.........REDISTRIBUTION OF SOMEONE ELSE'S WEALTH IS A GREAT IDEA..............or just a fool's political game !!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't that waiter actually pay less taxes, theoretically, no matter who was elected?