Thursday, October 30, 2008

simply put: P R A Y ! ! !

“Life is easy when you’re up on the mountain
And you’ve got peace of mind like you’ve never known
But then things change and you’re down in the valley
Don’t lose faith for you’re never alone!”

I love this verse of “God on the Mountain.” Unfortunately for America, we are now very much down in the valley. Sometimes as Christians we get so comfortable when times are good that we think that somehow we are above it all. We maybe quit taking our Christian responsibility seriously. Then something happens “and we are down in that valley” and we are forced to run back to God. Well now is the time to start running! America needs to seek the face of God, and we need to do it soon.

We should take solace that even King David had this happen to him. And we should follow his lead in how to address it. In Psalm 30 David prayed to the Lord:

6 When I felt secure, I said,
"I will never be shaken."

7 O LORD, when you favored me,
you made my mountain stand firm;
but when you hid your face,
I was dismayed.

8 To you, O LORD, I called;
to the Lord I cried for mercy:

9 "What gain is there in my destruction,
in my going down into the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
Will it proclaim your faithfulness?

10 Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me;
O LORD, be my help."

11 You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,

12 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.

You see David was so sure that nothing could ever shake him that I think he got scared when it did. So now that it seems our country is believing we are above God, that what we have accomplished is somehow our own merit rather than God’s blessings we are having a hard time seeing God’s face. But GOD DID NOT LEAVE DAVID, and he has not left the USA. We just need to humble ourselves and pray for mercy! God will then turn our wailing into dancing! In order to stand up as a Christian we have to lay down everything to God. I urge you brothers and sisters in Christ – PRAY WITH ME! REPENT WITH ME! FAST WITH ME! I will be fasting starting Sunday night and praying each night starting tonight that God will show mercy on the United States of America and turn our “wailing into dancing.” Pray that God’s will be done in this election and pray that his will be done in America. Pray with faith that God hears prayer and rewards faithfulness and then WATCH FOR THE ANSWER!

No comments: