Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh Ye of Little Faith




Do you see them? The signs. The closer you get to God, the more time you spend in his word, the more diligently you seek his face, and the more time you spend in prayer with him the more amazed you get. You don't see them? I didn't either, not till recently.

I will be honest, I have done things that turn my stomach and must have broken the heart of God, but he didn't forsake me. Even though I knew I was acting in a way that was absolutely opposite of His will, He was there. He was always there urging me home, asking me to repent, imploring me to turn to Him. Finally, I listened. It has changed my life, and my eternity.

It is hard to explain God's miracles in this day and time, but you know them when you see them. And you see them everywhere. You just have to take time to look. Romans 12-2 states - "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

It is so easy to listen to those in the world that pass off miracles as coincidence or bizarre happenstance. But we as Christians should know better. We should see the little miracles that God reveals to us and we should embrace them with confidence and reassurance. But most of all, we should desire to share the ability to see these miracles with others. The discerning of the miracles of God are made sweeter by the company of others.

The amazing thing about God is that he is always there. It doesn't matter if you have lived a near perfect life or if you have committed horrible sins, he loves you and he wants you to come home to him. And his little signs should serve as a comfort to us as we go.

But make no mistake about it, we cannot get there on our own. There is only one way to Heaven and that is through Jesus Christ who died on the cross for us. No matter how good a life we have lived, we have still sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God, but Jesus paid the price for us. He paid the price for all our sins....all of them. We just have to accept him and turn to him.

We also should tell others about him, because otherwise how will they ever get to know the miraculous truths we know? Make no mistake about it friends, God is real and Jesus died on the cross for our sins. Let us turn back to him and enjoy the little miracles that he reveals to us.

No comments: